Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mother



Here is Mother's Day card number one.

The colors used were Stampin Up Boarding Blue, Bravo Burgundy, and So Saffron. I also used clear embossing powder and the distressing powder from Tim Holtz called Weathered Wood from the last card. Here is a step by step if you want to give it a try.

1. I clear embossed on white card stock the butterfly image from the Stampin Up retired set Wonderful Wings.

2. I sponged the paper Boarding Blue with Stampin Up chalk. The butterfly was invisable so I colored over it with the Stampin Up marker So Saffron.

3. I stamped the flower image from Stampin Up Organic Grace with Stazon Black Ink.

4. I embossed the Stampin Up French Script on the side with the Tim Holtz distressing powder.

5. I colored the flowers Bravo Burgundy with a marker.

6. Tore the left side of the paper. I pulled the paper toward me holding it upside down so the ripped paper showed better.

7. I mouted the top image with two brads to a 1 1/2" piece of Bravo Burgundy.

8. I popped it up with foam dots on top a piece of Stampin Up Designer paper. I don't know the name someone gave it to me.

9. The words Mother are stamped with Alphabits another retired Stampin Up set. I stamped them on the designer paper with Bravo Burgundy. I punched them out with a 1/4" square punch. I then glued them on with clear glue.


9 steps and you get a nice Mother's Day card.

I like the layered images one on top of the other. Even if you don't have the stamps I used you can use what you got to make what every card you want. I tend to like butterflies, flowers, and birds. It makes it hard to make a card for a the males in my family.


Well, till the next post have a fabulous day.

No comments: