Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers



Here is the posting of my first card on the world wide web. Hope you all like it? It was kind of fun to add colors and watch the effects of them on each other. So here is what I used and how I did it.


Some of the colors are Stampin Up: Brillant Blue, Green Galore, and Chocolate Chip. The other colors are Tim Holtz Distressing Embossing Powder color "Weathered Wood" and the ink is "Tea Dyed." I really like the distressed stuff. Gives it an interesting texture.


I embossed the tree first. I then took the tea dye ink and sponged it all over the white card stock. To add some color I sponged the bottom in Green Galore and the top in Brilliant Blue. It gets wet when you add alot of ink so I dryed it with the embossing gun. It keeps the paper from getting torn unless you like that. After drying the paper I added the greeting in Chocolate Chip (I wish I embossed it like the tree, would have looked better) and assembled the card as you see it. You can't tell from the photo but the tree is distressed. I think I will have to try it with a larger image. I think it would look better.


Well, that is it. Have a fabulous day. Hopefully the next post will be some Mother's Day cards. Will be here before we know it. I have some ideas brewing.




2 comments:

Grandma Bibby said...

I like the card and will be following your blog. I added it as a link on mine.

Warren's said...

Well look at that. I got it to work from the previous post. Anyway great card. Might have to get a few for Birthdays coming up. Keep it up.